To learn more about paying for yourself, complete the contact form or call our dedicated Self Pay Advisors on
1. I’ve already seen a consultant on the NHS, but have been told I have to wait for treatment – can I still pay for myself?
We know that being treated sooner can have a huge impact on your quality of life, so if you would like to explore the option of paying for yourself please speak to our Private Patient Sales Advisors on 0330 053 6443 or email@example.com. Changing your path from the NHS to self pay is simple, and you may even see the same consultant, as all of our doctors also treat NHS patients.
2. How and when do I pay?
You can pay by debit card, credit card, cheque, or bank transfer (BACS). Payment is required before your surgery date. Alternatively, you can pay monthly via a credit agreement with our finance partner, Chrysalis Medical Finance. Find out more about our finance options.
3. Do I need a GP referral?
Yes, you need to ask your GP for an ‘open referral’. We can also accept open referrals from other healthcare professionals, such as physiotherapists, optometrists or dentists. Please contact our Private Patient Sales Advisors on 0330 053 6443 for more information.
4. How quickly can I be treated?
We pride ourselves on our short waiting times, so your access to treatment could be significantly quicker with us. Please contact our Private Patient Sales Advisors on 0330 053 6443 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on access times.
5. Can I choose my consultant?
In order to keep your wait to a minimum we book you with our first available consultant, however, should you have a particular consultant in mind for your surgery, please contact our Private Patient Sales Advisors.
6. What if I have a problem after my surgery?
You may have a check-up appointment and/or physiotherapy depending on the type of surgery you’ve had. We will ensure that you’re looked after for as long as you need our care.
7. Can I still have my surgery at Practice Plus Group Hospital, Barlborough if I have a health condition?
Depending on what your health condition is, we can provide selected treatments as long as your condition is well managed and stable upon admission to the hospital. This includes angina, asthma, atrial fibrillation, diabetes, high blood pressure, Parkinson’s disease and dementia.
All patients need to meet our safe criteria for treatment at Practice Plus Group Hospital, Barlborough:
- The patient has a Body Mass Index of 40 or less
- The patient must be aged 18 years or over
- The patient does not require complex rehabilitation or have a chronic disease that would require immediate post-operative care in an ITU
- The patient does not have sickle cell anaemia, renal failure or have had a cardiac arrest or cardiac intervention (e.g. insertions of stents) in the last six months
- The patient does not have a cardiac pacemaker in-situ (excluding endoscopy and cataract procedures).